Welcome to the 23 Mobile Things course website!
The course is self paced, you can work through each lesson at your own speed and share what you’ve learned via Twitter using the #23mobilethings hashtag. Everyone works at their own pace, you may be familiar with some topics already while others may take longer. We suggest that you allocate approximately an hour per week to explore a “Thing”.
The course is freely available to anyone who has access to a mobile device (tablet or smartphone) to participate. The best way to ask for help is to use Twitter and tweet your question with the #23mobilethings hashtag.
The 23 Mobile Things are:
- Taking a photo with a mobile device: Instagram / Flickr app / Snapchat
- eMail on the move
- Maps and checking in
- Photos + Maps + Apps: Historypin / What was there / Sepia Town
- Video: YouTube and screencasts
- Communicate: Skype / Google+ Hangout
- QR codes
- Social reading: RSS / Flipboard / Feedly / Goodreads / Pocket
- Augmented reality: Layar / Aurasma / Google Glass / etc.
- Recreation and some Angry Birds
- Online identity
- Curating: Pinterest / Tumblr
- Adobe ID
- eBooks and eBook apps: Project Gutenberg / Kindle / Overdrive / Bluefire / Kobo, etc.
- Evernote and Zotero
- Productivity tools: Doodle / Remember the Milk / 30/30
- File sharing: Dropbox
- Mobile music: last.fm / Spotify / Soundcloud / Rdio
- Voice interaction and recording
- eResources vendor apps
- Digital storytelling