23 mobile things is a self directed online program to learn more about mobile technologies that are changing the way people, society and libraries access information and communicate with each other. You can set your own pace as you work through the things.
23 Mobile Things …. the list
- Taking a photo with a mobile device: Instagram / Flickr app / Snapchat
- eMail on the move
- Maps and checking in
- Photos + Maps + Apps: Historypin / What was there / Sepia Town
- Video: YouTube and screencasts
- Communicate: Skype / Google+ Hangout
- QR codes
- Social reading: RSS / Flipboard / Feedly / Goodreads / Pocket
- Augmented reality: Layar / Aurasma / Google Glass / etc.
- Recreation and some Angry Birds
- Online identity
- Curating: Pinterest / Tumblr
- Adobe ID
- eBooks and eBook apps: Project Gutenberg / Kindle / Overdrive / Bluefire / Kobo, etc.
- Evernote and Zotero
- Productivity tools: Doodle / Remember the Milk / 30/30
- File sharing: Dropbox
- Mobile music: last.fm / Spotify / Soundcloud / Rdio
- Voice interaction and recording
- eResources vendor apps
- Digital storytelling